• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image becomes corrupted with blocks of missing pixels and repeated patterns

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• While working on a document in photoshop, the image spontaneously corrupts. Blocks of pixels are deleted, and repeated blocks of patterns and colors appear.

• Additional actions, including "undo," creates more corruption. The corruption continues to worsen with each action taken until I quit and relaunch Photoshop.

• After quitting and relaunching Photoshop and re-opening the file, I see that additional corruption has occurred since I quit Photoshop. However, working on the document no longer creates additional corruption.
  • The pixels are actually modified (i.e. deleted or replaced with a different color). Deleting layer masks and adjustment layers does not resolve the issue.
  • This issue has occured in five different documents on three different days.

I do not believe this is related to the extention Coolorus as the same issue occured on a different document prior to installing Coolorus.

Immediately after corruption appearedImmediately after corruption appeared

After quitting and relaunching Photoshop, more corruption has appearedAfter quitting and relaunching Photoshop, more corruption has appeared

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Sorry, sometimes it's best to start with the simplest and most obvious: corrupted settings file.

Try a Preferences Reset first:

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, sometimes it's best to start with the simplest and most obvious: corrupted settings file.

Try a Preferences Reset first:

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too.  Reset preferences and didn't seem to make a difference.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this problem too.  Reset preferences and didn't seem to make a difference.  Any other ideas?

By @jeffv52793039

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines