• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image>Crop no longer works?! Please fix or provide a legacy method

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 20 years I have been using Photoshop.  When I learned this program there was no such thing as the Crop tool.  You had to use the Rectangular Marquee to select the area you wanted to crop, and then go to Image>Crop, and the image was cropped based on the marquee area.  This is the way I've always done it.  Yes, it's quick and dirty and destructive but it's faster than the Crop tool.

Now with this new CC 2019 update, going to Image>Crop activates the Crop tool instead of just cropping the image.  Unacceptable!  How can I restore the traditional behavior of this command?

I can't believe how much Adobe messed with things that didn't need to be messed with on this update... Free Transform, Step Backwards, and now Crop... I wonder what other surprises I have in store.  Yes, some of these changes are the way they should have always been, but the horse is out of the barn.  Some of us actually use this software to make a living, and it's pretty lame of Adobe to make changes that interrupt a muscle-memory workflow developed over 20 years.

So what are you going to do about it, Adobe?  What's the fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

I just checked both Mac and Windows and they're functioning as expected (draw a rectangular marquee > Image > Crop - image is cropped). Try resetting your preferences as I'm sure we didn't change this behavior.

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried on some other images and it worked as expected.  However, on the image I actually need it to work on, it's now not cropping instead of activating the crop tool.  Strange behavior that now seems more like a bug than a change in the command.  I'll reset preferences when I get a few minutes, but I'm actually in the middle of a project at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice they haven't responded .It figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bumped into this as well.  I was unable able to make a marquee selection and then crop.

What I then noticed is that when I make a new document, I have to pick from a few presets like for Print or for Web, etc.

When I started with a document for Web, the crop does not work as expected, but when I started for Print, it works just fine.

I am assuming it has to do with these initial presets.  You may want to check to make sure for your document, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines