• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image is lower res after saving to cloud?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having a kind of weird issue with photoshop. I drew a picture to gift someone for Christmas a few days ago and made it 10 x 10 centimetres big (left all other settings at default). When I drew it, I would frequently go and select View->Original Size just so I could get a feel for how the image would look framed. It didn't look pixelated or low res at all. I saved my work to the cloud as a .psd file.

So today, I went back and opened the file again, thinking I could do a few touchups, but it seems like somehow the size has changed?? It opens at 100%, obviously, which is a tiny thumbnail size now. If I select "Original Size", it increases the zoom percentage to 218% which gives it the right dimensions, but since it's suddenly so zoomed in, the picture is ridiculously pixelated.

Can I fix this somehow? Did I mess up a setting? Or is my only option redrawing the entire thing and hoping this won't happen again ...?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the future, stop thinking in terms of centimeters. Photoshop doesn't work with physical sizes.

To Photoshop, the file is just pixels, nothing else. So many pixels wide by so many pixels high. That's the file. Size is a direct result of whatever pixels per inch number you have assigned. Say that again: pixels per inch. It means exactly what is says.

Watch your pixels and this doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does image size show for imagse size. 1181px by 1181px

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines