Highlighted

image not responding and tools not working

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having problem with photoshop quite sometimes now probably since the last 2-3 updates.

First I open image in Capture One 20 and adjust brightness, tone,and WB. Then I round trip to process in Photoshop in Tif format.

When I am in PS, after I edit for 10 min or less, image stop responding-zooming, panning, and moving using scroll bar dont work. However, I still can change tools using shortcut and using mouse but tool's icon remain to appear as arrow and doesnt work on the image. I can still merge layers and save. I dont have to close PS to gain control, close image and reopen it again is enough.

Anyone has solution for this problem?

Also I have tried to change GPU performance to Basic and reinstall PS and it still doesnt work.

My Windows 10 PC spec

- CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

- Ram: 48GB ddr4 3200

- GPU: ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING with latest studio driver

- MB: ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming

- HD: 2 SSDs -
a) 512GB for Windows and Programs and Photoshop scratch disk
b) 1TB for Photoshop scratch disk and some files

- PSU: 850w

- Pen: Wacom intuos pro small

All softwares are updated to the lastest version

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

image not responding and tools not working

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having problem with photoshop quite sometimes now probably since the last 2-3 updates.

First I open image in Capture One 20 and adjust brightness, tone,and WB. Then I round trip to process in Photoshop in Tif format.

When I am in PS, after I edit for 10 min or less, image stop responding-zooming, panning, and moving using scroll bar dont work. However, I still can change tools using shortcut and using mouse but tool's icon remain to appear as arrow and doesnt work on the image. I can still merge layers and save. I dont have to close PS to gain control, close image and reopen it again is enough.

Anyone has solution for this problem?

Also I have tried to change GPU performance to Basic and reinstall PS and it still doesnt work.

My Windows 10 PC spec

- CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

- Ram: 48GB ddr4 3200

- GPU: ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING with latest studio driver

- MB: ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming

- HD: 2 SSDs -
a) 512GB for Windows and Programs and Photoshop scratch disk
b) 1TB for Photoshop scratch disk and some files

- PSU: 850w

- Pen: Wacom intuos pro small

All softwares are updated to the lastest version

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0