• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image opens in Camera Raw workspace not Photoshop workshop

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Lightroom and Photoshop on a Mac Mini. After an initial process in Lightroom I go to the menu > Edit in> Photoshop - Photoshop opens but the image will only appear in the Camera Raw workspace and not in the Photoshop window. Every attempt to open a raw file in P'shop gives me the Camera Raw workspace.

This issue arose after upgrading to PS21. And I've made no settings adjustments.

I haven't upgraded my laptop as yet and the file handling operates as it has for the last "n" years i.e. Edit in PS and the image appears in PS workspace without any Camera Raw interface appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR2 is RAW and not a plain pixel image format like tif, so obviously it is opened as a RAW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but not if it comes from Lightroom. That shouldn't open the ACR interface for raw files. You've already made your settings in Lightroom and ACR should open it silently.

And this screenshot is the result of Edit in > Photoshop, coming from Lightroom?

Some background script isn't running properly here. I'd uninstall and reinstall Lightroom and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for catching my mistake. 

I apologize to the original poster, I had read their post inattentively. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines