• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image pixelating when using the polygonal lasso tool

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 (version 22.1) for Windows. Using the polygonal lasso tool to select an image. I'm zoomed in a little past 100% to try get a good selection. However, when clicking and moving along the image, parts of the image will appear pixelated, just while the selection tool is actively selecting, making accuracy difficult at best. After closing the selection, the image returns to normal. Screenshots attached.

PS. It's not just the one image being a problem - it's happened with every other that I've put into the program.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Whilst Marek is correct in that you would expect to see image pixels at 400% zoom (as 16 screen pixels are used to display 1 image pixel) I would not expect to see the pixelation change when using the lasso tool - and I do not see any change in screen view here when using the polygonal lasso on an image at 400% zoom.

What have you tried for troubleshooting so far:

a. Have you tried resetting preferences (these are saved every time Photoshop closes and can lead to issues if they become corrupt)

b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, looking at your screenshots, you are not zoomed in"little past 100%" as you said. You're zoomed in to 400%  

This will always create pixelation as you're looking at the image at 4x its size

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst Marek is correct in that you would expect to see image pixels at 400% zoom (as 16 screen pixels are used to display 1 image pixel) I would not expect to see the pixelation change when using the lasso tool - and I do not see any change in screen view here when using the polygonal lasso on an image at 400% zoom.

What have you tried for troubleshooting so far:

a. Have you tried resetting preferences (these are saved every time Photoshop closes and can lead to issues if they become corrupt)

b. Have you tried unchecking "Use Graphic Processor" in preferences performance to see if it makes a difference (you will need to restart Photoshop afterwards

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second option worked, although the display was rather jerky, etc, as would be expected. However, after rechecking the box, and restarting, it seemed to work fine, without pixelisation! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines