• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Printing

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to figure out why my images are printing so light in Photoshop 2021. I'm working in CMYK mode and saved JPEG before printing. The image comes out like I've washed it several times. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep to RGB color mode.

Best to calibrate your monitor and embed a color space for in your images, such as sRGB.

There are color management experts who contribute to this forum, who will no doubt chip in with further information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using an inkjet printer? RGB images are preferred for such machines. It's neither necessary nor desirable to make CMYK documents for such printers. They CAN print CMYK, sure, but as it gets converted back to RGB in the driver software it's a bit pointless to make CMYK unless you have a special reason. [such as proofing in a pre-press situation].

When printing you should take control of colour by using "Photoshop Manages Color" and, there, select an ICC profile for the paper you have in the printer. The profile name should include both printer and paper names.

Next in 'printer settings' be sure you have selected the right media by name.*

*IF you just see generic paper types and are using  a mac, go back to the System Preferences / Printers and Scanners print and make sure the printer name is selected then that "use" is not set to "Airprint" but to the printer driver by name. 

More about the printer driver here : https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/colorsync-won-t-shut-off-for-printing/m-p/11686747?page=1#M...

Non original manufacturer printing papers are OK to use and some prefer them - but, to get started with good colour management its best to keep it simple and make tests using the printer manufacturers own papers - since they have provided ICC profiles and media settings are there in the driver - you're all ready to go. 

Additionally, if you want the computer screen to accurately predict print appearance, then it needs to be calibrated and profiled.

For that you'll need a screen sensor - the 'Xrite i1display pro' system is a good place to start.

I prefer to use basICColor display 6 software with that sensor. 

Colour management is an end to end process, hardware must be characterised (profiled) and those profiles used when working with images. The display has a "display profile', the image file (document) normally has a "working space profile (e,.g. sRGB)" and the printer has a "printer profile".

An application such as Photoshop which is fully colour management savvy translates between those ICC profiles to provide continuity of appearance through the workflow.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines