• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor Headaches

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder with 750 16-bit, RGB TIF images. They are a mix of vertical and horizontal photos. Most are 6720 x 4480 pixels at 300 ppi. I am trying to batch convert them to 72 ppi JPGs, with the longest side at 1600 pixels.

But Photoshop’s image processor is not cooperating. It will save them as JPGs, but only at 300 ppi. And when I add an action to Image Processor to scale them to 72 ppi, I end up with images bigger than 1600 on one side, or much smaller overall.

Any suggestions? I really don’t want to manually resize and resave 750 photos. Thanks in advance!

(using the January 2020 update to Photoshop CC)

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Actiuon should contain 

• Image > Image Size to set Resolution to 72ppi with »Resample« unchecked

• File > Automate > Fit Image to 1600px x 1600px

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option is to use the Image Processor Pro script and use the save for web option with the fit image option. Although the IPP script can run an action, there is no need to in this case as all of your requirements are met with the standard script interface options.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines