• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor Not Working After CC Update

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop CC 2017 and Bridge CC 2017 today and I am unable to use the image processor. It starts, runs, then the message, "Sorry, I could not process the following files" comes up. Please help! This is my work and I need to get through 1000s of pictures. Can I undo my update? I"m using a Mac with Sierra 10.12.2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

You can install older CC versions

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

but you could also try Image Processor Pro

ps-scripts - Browse /Image Processor Pro/v3_2 betas at SourceForge.net

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

It starts, runs, then the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install older CC versions

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

but you could also try Image Processor Pro

ps-scripts - Browse /Image Processor Pro/v3_2 betas at SourceForge.net

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

It starts, runs, then the message, "Sorry, I could not process the following files" comes up.

Could the files be the problem, for example might their names contain illegal characters like slashes (»/«)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Same problem!

After updating CC 2017 looks like image processor not working properly. It is saving all my files same size, in my case 1.4MB and I cant reduce the size even if image really small. I tried to run Image processor with CS6 and use files which were created in older versions but it doesn't help.

I need to export 200psd files to small jpegs.

Any ideas how I can do this without Image processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After thousands of successful conversions through the Image Processor in Phototshop 2020 I was suddenly presented with the "Sorry I couldn't process etc etc".   The illegal character tip by c_pfaffenbichler (for which I am thankful!) lead me onto the right path.  Turns out that my file names were OK, but I had put two question marks into my folder name and that was what was causing the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines