• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Processor Not Working

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pulled out the batch image processor last night. Tried it in PS and Bridge. Same results. What happens is that it saves the photos lickety split without processing. Same thing I started with.  Tried every format mode.

I'm using Win 10 with the latest copy of Photoshop.

Anyone ran into this with a resolution? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Image Processor dialog setting you used  and explain what Processing was not done. The only Processing the Image Processor does to save images in image file formats you checked fitted into a pixels canvas size area may you can set in the dialog.  It can also include an action you set in the dialog when it process your Batch of Image files. You seem to state it is saving files so it is processing your image files. What is not being done correctly?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya JJ!

I'm failing to understand something I suppose. Below you'll see the whole sequence.  I chose Santa for the example.In the first save you see the original size....

jjscreamsave1.jpg

In the next example you'll see the size I want it to be...

jjscreamsave2.jpg

And in the last example you'll see the size it wound up being after image processing.

jjscreamsave3.jpg

So the thing IS working, sort of....but in a way that I fail to comprehend. Is it a failed script or am I not setting up the experiment properly to achieve the end result that I am after?

Looking forward to your insight on this JJ. Have at it!

Thanks

Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not understand how resizing works and how script like Image processor resize images.

You show your image is 525 x 526  pixels the ratio of the two sides are 525/526 that is a nears square ratio 1:1 ratio 1   You seam to want to resize your image to 1240 x 640 that image would have sides ratio  1240/640 that a ratio close  to 2:1 twice as wide as it is high ratio 2.   

Santa is quite fat as it is.   If you make him twice as wide as he currently is he will not fit in his sled.

So Image  Processor will do a constrained resize to maintain Santa's current  near 1:1 proportion.  Santa size will be increased to the 640 height you want but his width will remain shorter than his height. He will still fit into his sled.

Any time you resample an image you lose some image quality. Down sizing results are better then up sizing results. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp...so happens I do know about resizing up and losing juice and all that good jazz. But so happens I want the thing to do like I tell it. I can dig that it has its own ideas...and that's my rub. It's worthless for my simple needs. I was just hoping someone could tell me why.

Take care,

Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to distort you inage just use Image size and do not constrain the resize.  Just set the with and height sizes you want.  Here is my Portrait resize from as 1:1 Aspect Ratio to a 2:1 Aspect Ratio.  I feel I loke better 1:1.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using image size on PS for decades. Having about 30 pics to worry with yesterday I thought it would be nice to do it with the new and improved batch image processor for a change. But right you are...that thing not working I had to do it the old fashioned way. Never had any luck with batch processing over the years anyway. I just figgered 20 years after 2000 the darn thing would work. It didn't.

There is a trick or a method to the madness I haven't caught onto. Or a broke internal script in the image processor. Following directions set down by blessed Adobe itself, the thing just bolixed. Mostly I was wondering if anyone else had run into my problem. Many references to older editions of PS batch image processor not working. Just not my problem, exactly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS... Just out of curiosity I generated a 200x200 box and told the image processor to run it out to 400x400 and it worked as ordered. BUT....using those odd sized measurements shown in the pics above you saw what I got. So I'm flumoxxed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you actually want to distort a batch of images.  Image processors will use a fit image resize  you images so the image will not distort they will retain their current aspect ratios.  You can have the Image Processor use an action you record to distort you image to the size you want image size 1240c640 or the action could sets a centered 1240:640 aspect ratio selection you can use to crop your image to change its image aspect ratio. The the Image process will resize the crop image  to the size you want. However,  some content will be lost but the resized image will not be distorted . Or in the action could use Adobe Fit Image Plug-in  to resize the Image like the image processor did then use Canvas size to change  the image canvas to 1240x640 pixels there will be board on the left and right side of the resized image.  To do the 1240:640 or 31:16 Aspevt Ration center Crop you would need toe write a Photoshop script. An action can not use logic in it processing so an action can not calculate where centered selection need to be set.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines