Image sequence

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First attempt at this.  Trying to take a time lapse and turn it into video.  Import seems to work out ok, but video controls show a prohibited sign (circle with slash).  Export does not allow for video render only image sequence.  Thumnail shows very small red question mark.  Have tried this a number of times with same result.  Anyone with suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Community Beginner , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021
Thanks again Chuck.  Find it was an M1 chip problem.  After staring in Rosetta all was well.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the error and if possible the dialog box for rendering the video? Show full screen shots, including layers, if you can get that far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck...here they are.Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 2.49.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 2.49.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 2.49.45 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t see a circle with slash in the screen shots, but it should be possible to investigate the red circle with a white question mark inside. Open the Properties panel (Windows > Properties) and see what it says when that layer is selected. I’m not sure, but it’s acting like a linked Smart Object with the source file not available at its original location or name. The Properties panel might provide more detail about what’s going on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, the circle with the slash is on the layer panel on the layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you goScreen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.34.48 PM.png

Very hard to see but circle with slash shows up when you hover over video controls.  Question mark is in very bery small and in the timeline image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@donaldb90797007 wrote:

Very hard to see but circle with slash shows up when you hover over video controls.

I believe you, but the circle with slash did not show up in the screen shot as shown below. Only the tool tip displayed. I don’t think that’s your fault — the built-in macOS still screen shot feature often doesn’t capture custom cursors in some applications. When that happens, the only way to capture them is to use the macOS video screen capture option and take a still frame from that.

Anyway, the circle with slash may be related to the question mark: Photoshop can’t proceed probably because of the same problem causing the question mark in the red circle. (Edit: I mentioned trying the Properties panel earlier, but when I import a JPEG image sequence, the resulting video group layer has “No Properties” so it looks like that won’t help.)

@Chuck Uebele wrote:

Conrad, the circle with the slash is on the layer panel on the layer.

No, I enlarged the screen shot of the Layers panel in the image below, and it’s also a question mark (you’ll see the full enlargement if you click to open the image on its own).

Enlarged-red-circles.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. Can you show the dialog screens where you set up importing the image sequence? I'm trying this and not getting it. I'm getting the render video instead of the image sequence. You are putting all the images into one folder. renaming them with a contiguous file number, selecting just the first image in the open dialog box, and clicking on image sequence?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.  All I do after this is hit open.  Then get frame rate screen, hit OK and get what you had previously seen.

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 3.51.37 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks correct. And the next dialog box gives you the options for fps?

Maybe try resetting you preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Chuck.  Find it was an M1 chip problem.  After staring in Rosetta all was well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured out what was causing the issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the same problem. In Photoshop trying to open an AE image sequence png, all numbered continuous but keep getting greyed-out buttons with the red question mark on the layer. 

I co-incidentally also have a mac-mini with M1 chip. Is this a glitch?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No glitch, just a work around for the M1 chip:

Go to the PS app in your Applications folder.

Select the app, and then press Command-I (or right-click/use the File menu and select Get Info.). ...

In the Info window, look for a checkbox labeled, “Open using Rosetta”. ...

Close the Info window.

If you're already running the app, quit and relaunch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super! It worked!

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea how to get "Open using Rosetta" as an option for Photoshop 2021? I followed your instructions, but it's not an option under Get Info. Any ideas??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey, 

I couldn't see it at first either. But if you open your applications folder -> Photoshop 2021 -> then open up that folder too -> on the actual Photoshop 2021 application -> Get Info. There you should see the Open with Rosetta option. 

Hope that helps. 🙂

Inge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS IT!!! Thank you, Inge! This worked. I so appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thousand thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I tried it starting it with Rosetta it will load but it will not let me export, it takes extremely long and then it crashed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines