Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image size relative to Picture size when printing

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have a full frame camera and once I have edited any pictures and try to print them off they are not in the correct scale for the print size (7x5, 6x8, 8x10 etc) I need to reduce the image in order for it to fit the photo paper without losing any part of the image. This is causing a problem as I add a border to the image during editing. Is there any way I can ensure that my edited images are the same relative scale as the photo sizes so i do not have this problem? I understand that a full frame DSLR is the equivelant of 35mm film spec with regards to frame size and did not expect to have this issue.

Thanks

Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the question. If the aspect ratio of your image does not match the aspect ratio of the paper, then you cannot print the image borderless and without cutting off anything, unless you would distort it. And 7x5, 6x8 and 8x10 are three different aspect ratios.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, a camera has often a 2x3 ratio, some have a 16x9 ratio if you take a picture while shooting video.

without adding or substracting pixels, you can't fit a 2x3 ratio image on a 5x7 or 8x10 paper. It is akin to try to fit a square peg in a round hole...

You can substract pixels by cropping.

You could add pixels using Content-Aware Scale: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlPsiJDMqkE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set up your own Cropping presets or use the ones that come with Photoshop (see screenshot below).

Obviously if your desired aspect ratio for your prints is different from the camera's you must crop the image a little, that isn't normally a problem.

Make sure you have a minimum of 200PPI in your final image.

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 12.06.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines