Highlighted

Images in photoshop look a lot less saturated compared to LR?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export from LR to a Jpeg the image has a similar saturation but when I use the same exported photo from LR to PS, it looks like what it did when in LR. Once exported though, it becomes a lot more saturated. Wonder why that happens. Any idea to help me out here?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Images in photoshop look a lot less saturated compared to LR?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export from LR to a Jpeg the image has a similar saturation but when I use the same exported photo from LR to PS, it looks like what it did when in LR. Once exported though, it becomes a lot more saturated. Wonder why that happens. Any idea to help me out here?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are viewing in a photo viewer that does not support color management. Windows "Photos"?

The Lr and PS representation is the correct one.

This assumes that your monitor profile is accurate, which you only get if you're using a calibrator. Profiles from Dell, Asus, Acer, Samsung and LG are very often defective/inaccurate, and these bad profiles get distributed through Windows Update. Windows "Photos" doesn't use the profile and would be unaffected by this.

If you post side by side screenshots it will be a lot easier to see what's going on. Include the application interface so we can see which is which.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks. Yes I am using Windows Photos. Any other software I could use for correct representation?

I tried to check if many Dell users are facing the same problem and it indeed is true. Trying to play around and get the perfect setting for my monitor. Hopefully it works. Anyone else having the same problem, I have resorted to reduce the saturation via Intel Graphics control panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have one of the wide gamut monitor models. In that case, there is no "problem", you just need to understand what's going on. Don't experiment, don't change any settings. It won't solve anything, only make everything more difficult.

Unfortunately, very few vendors inform their customers properly about the implications of a wide gamut monitor. One is that you can only use software that is fully color managed. The other is that you really need to buy a calibrator. No wide gamut monitor should ever be sold without one.

In the meantime, it's important that you understand what you're looking at. The oversaturation you see in applications without color management is not correct. It won't look like that on standard monitors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other software I could use for correct representation?
  1. FastStone image viewer. Free for personal use. Color management must be enabled under Settings > CMS, and both boxes must be checked,
  2. ACDSee. Not free. Color managed out of the box.
  3. Irfanview. Free for none commercial use. Color management must be enabled under Options > Properties/Settings.
  4. Bridge. Included in your Creative Cloud subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Per.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0