• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images loading dark in camera raw

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update images that appear light and airy in windows turn super dark (almost black) when opened in lightroom and camera raw/photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some cameras will allow for increased exposure in the Picture Controls. In Which case the thumbnails Windows is viewing would be brights while ACR makes its own preview from the original raw file. Are the sliders in ACR set to 0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first question is - are you opening a jpeg or the Raw file in Camera Raw/Lightroom?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am opening in raw and im certain it's not a camera setting issue. every sd card, every image I have is opening this way after this update. Images that previous to the update were not dark and exposed perfectly. I have emailed the raw image to others and it opens in their raw fully exposed and as I see it in windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The inbuilt jpeg (which you see in Windows) is not the raw image.
If all your sliders are "Zero'd" then you are viewing the image as it comes out of the camera with no adjustments (unlike the jpeg which has internal camera adjustments applied).

There are a couple of things I can think of:

1. The raw itself is underexposed.  Can you post a raw file - I'd be happy to open it here for comparison, if only to eliminate that

2. You have a broken monitor profile (Photoshop is colour managed and uses the monitor profile, many applications and viewers do not).  Can you open a previously developed jpeg (not another raw file) in camera raw and see what that looks like.

3. The camera profile used by Camera raw is incorrect/corrupt - however you say you are seeing the same effect in both Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, I have emailed the raw file to a friend and it opens as it should, as I see it in windows. I have opened same file in Fotor and it opens as it should, so not a computer monitor issue. I have opened a previously edited jpeg in photoshop and it is also dark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See what happens if you reset your camera raw defaults

acr.jpg

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing, sadly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you post a screenshot of your camera raw screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This Worked for me Thank You.

Settings >> Raw Defaults >> Set it to 'Camera Settings'

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines