Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not opening in Photoshop anymore

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF is going on with Photoshop?

I've opened an image and got neon green... I'm leaving Adobe if this carries on. It was a screen shot which I need to adjust. Happens with PDFs as well. This is urgent - need to open the file correctly before 6am tomorrow morning...

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 21.34.56.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 21.34.27.png

  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is showing a blank green screen while opening your files.

Which exact version of Photoshop 2021 are you using and what is the version of macOS on your computer?

Be sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If the problem persists, disable GPU acceleration and restart Photoshop. (Edit > Preferences > Performance > (un-check) Use Graphics Processor). If disabling the GPU works, it's a problem with your graphics driver(s) or hardware.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Photoshop. I uninstalled Photoshop and then reinstalled it and it's working now  so I think it's an issue with Photoshop. My Mac has an 8gb graphics card for editing video so it's unlikely it would have an issue in that respect. Mac OS Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problems and have school work due. Adobe please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I am on a MacBook Pro 16GB 2019 15inch. Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. Did not fix green screen at first. I could not see a pdf I opened then it apeared at the bottom of my recents without any color. After that the program started working. My computer works on every other program. Please check for bugs. I am not very knowledgeable yet and this can really hurt my grades.

Thank you for any help you can give,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If reinstalling hadn't worked for me, I was going to revert back to an older version of Photoshop to see if that helped, and then let Adobe know it did (although probably wouldn't do any good). 
I also opened other images to check it wasn't the image, it was the program, and I also opened the images in other applications. So yes, I would agree it's an Adobe bug/issue.

In the meantime I've bought Affinity Photo so I have a backup application if Adobe fails when things are critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help,

Seems like this version should have spent more time in beta. Hope they fix soon my class only uses Adobe.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines