Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images open grainy in Photoshop 2020 even though they are not grainy images

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

so my photoshop was recently updated, and ever since this update I've been experiencing some issues.

when I go to open an images, they seem perfectly fine in Adobe raw.

But, when I open these images in photoshop they are super grainy. 
My images aren't grainy at all. They are just grainy during the editing process. But as soon as I save the image and review, it's perfectly normal. 
Not sure why these images are opening in photoshop as grainy. Really challenging to edit like this. 
Anyone ever experience this before?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justine,

That shouldn't be happening, could you please let us know what image format are you working with?

Also, could you please check the cache level in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance dialog and make sure that it's set to 5 or 6 and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this issue.  Every file I open looks like photoshop is putting a noise/sharpen/grain filter x50 on it.  It is not a problem with any other thing on my computer other than photoshop. I went to bed, photoshop was fine, woke up this morning, and its now doing this. I open the same file in paint....looks perfect.  What is the fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing both ACR and the final image at 100% zoom ratio? You must for an accurate preview on-screen as each can subsample down for a zoomed out view differently and unless you’re viewing at 100% or greater, you may not see the grain. 

Also do try turning off any GPU acceleration, that can affect the previews incorrectly depending on the graphic card. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines