• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Implementing an edit to selected image areas

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm want to change the fill for already defined areas of a map image: pattern to solid color.

After selecting those areas with a selection tool, how to I implement my desired edit to those selected areas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a new layer (in case you want to keep what was there originally) and go to Edit > Fill. If you don't have the color you want selected already (as either the Foreground Color or the Background Color), you can change Contents in the Fill dialog that opens up to Color and use the Color Picker that opens up to select the color you want. Click OK for the Color selection and click OK again for the Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Myra.  I appreciate your wisdom of modifying a duplicate layer, and possibly flattening layers once finished.  What command or menu sequence makes the animated borders of selected areas disappear permamently?  'Okays' via Edit>Fill Selection>Color don't eliminate/stop those animated borders for me.  Thanks. ChrisD   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the marching ants that indicate the selection? If so, go to Select > Deselect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marching ants is a perfect description! :>) Thanks for the Deselect fix to halt those marching ants.  With your help, I accomplished my small quest. ChrisD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines