• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing a Gif

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all, I am trying to import a gif into a png or jpeg in Photoshop. I am trying to create a 'Harry Potter' style moving image on a newspaper front cover mock up. I open the gif file and the newspaper file. Create timelines in both. Select and copy all the gif frames and place them into my newspaper file. I can see that the gif has been copied into the first frame only and the rest just have the gif and nothing else showing. I then select frame 1 on the timeline. When I click 'match layer across frames' nothing happenes. Would anyone know why this is the case and what I can do?

Thank you in advance

nicholas0D4E

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the timeline, select all the frames by clicking on the first and shift clicking on the last.

Go to the layers panel and click on the eye symbol to turn off the visibility of background layer and immediately click again to turn it back on. The background layer should now be visible in every frame.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hah! Do you think that's all the OP is trying to do?  Overlay a GIFF onto another background?

A possible issue with that is GIFFs you copy from the web do not have transparency if you know what I mean, but you can find them if you use the word Transparent when searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your workflow/method is wrong. m One thing you can't do with photoshop is combine timelines.  It has to be done manually, and takes some planning.

• So let's assume you have two separate frame animations.  You need to work with one of them as a master, so to speak.
  • With the second frame animation open the best course is to place all of its layers into a group, and copy that group to the 'master' frame animation..
  • For this to work as seamlessly as possible both frame animations should have the same number of frames  You can finess it a bit, but that will likely create some choppy motion.
  • Now you need to select all of the frames (select the first and shift select the last) and make sure all of the layers in the group you just moved across are turned off.
  • Then select the first frame, and turn the first layer in the copied group on.
  • Select the second frame and turn the second layer on and repeat for all frames.
  • It is easy to get out of sync and the process will bite you given the least opportunity, so if this is what you are trying to do, I wish you luck.

I can give you some tips if you like, but I need to know that this is what you are trying to do.  One tip I 'will' give you right up front is to have all of your layers created BEFORE you start putting the frame animation together, or you'll find crazy stuff happening.  If you absolutely need to make a new layer into the process, make sure that all of the frames are selected before doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines