• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to costumize Contact sheet II ...

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI !

I want to costumize the contact sheet II :

- change the sheet format

- change the row / column ratio

- supress the title

which seems to be possible because the cases where those informations are can be modified... but I can not : I can erase the numbers but I can put down new ones.

By writing the numbers in Windows Notepad and right clic copy/paste (doesn't work either with the keyboard), I managed to put the new info. But then I have pop up error messages "incorrect numerical value for [name of the info - Row for example], the last correct numerical value will be use", then sometime my new number stays non the less, and sometime it is change for a random number of around 10 digits...

When I managed to put the numbers I want and press ok/enter, sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't. If I'm lucky, it works after I restart the PC, but I still got to deal with the number thing, with pop up error messages every time I change them...

I just update Photoshop ; I have Photoshop french version (or is it french canadian ?), so everything is translated at the best of my knowledge (no french forum or help available apparently...).

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know javascript, you can create your own script for custom proof sheets. That's what I did when I was working, as the script provided in PS didn't do what I needed.

Moving to Photoshop Scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. unfortunatly, I don't know javascript... isn't there a way to fix the problem with the dialogue boxes ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to change the values in the dialog. They must also be logical For the paper size you set

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should be able to change the dialogue boxes, but I can not : as I wrote in the original post, I can not enter new values in the boxes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can not have you tried resetting all tool and your Photoshop preferences.  Adobe Photoshop Scipting  ScriptUI is not working correctly on your machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. Is there a fix for this?

I followed this tutorial How to Create a Photo Mosaic in Lightroom & Photoshop - YouTube

Thanks,

Veerle

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tutorial has many steps.  Are stating you can not use Photoshop's menu File>Automate>Contact Sheet II dialog that it is not changeable. Did you try using its reset button to see if it would reset the dialog and you tried to use it.  Have you tried resetting your Photoshop Preferences.  The ScriptUI dialog should work and look like this reset

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use Contact Sheet II to create the Mosaic.  I would not Crop the images or resize the I would simply use my Paste Image Roll script set resolution 150DPI paper width 20" tile size 1"x1" not rotate for best fit.  When the Open File Dialog opens I would select the 300 image files in the folder using Ctrl+A and click open. When the mosaic is created I would look at the images and reposition any image content where the virtual 1:1 centered corp composition needs to be improved. Then define the pattern.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the exact same problem with the Photoshop CC 2020 update. I cannot set the columns in contactsheet II (I can set rows though). I am new to Photoshop and downloaded the Belgium version (Dutch) 2 weeks ago. I did not change any settings. I am following a Photoshop course, but the teacher could not help me either. Is this a bug? I am using Windows 10 Home version 1903.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ihave the same problem. (I followed the JJMacks instructions)

I found that if I use the uper numeric part of my keyboard it does not work. But if I use the numeric key pad (on right of keyboard) I can enter the parameters !!!!

• Uptodated Adobe CC 2020 
  • W10 with last update
  • 16 Go memory, I7, all SSD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was in trouble and found an easy solution.

The problem occurs whenever you change a number in the customization panel. So, what you can do is open and modifiy the XML file to customize and then, just upload the XML in the customization panel. Hope this will help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines