Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorrect numeric entrey - Entrée numérique incorrecte

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heelo

I am completely fed up by that stupid random error in PS. Sometimes it says "Entrée numérique incorrecte. Un nombre entier entre 1 pixel et 5000 pixels est requis" or "0% et 100% pixels" (I own a french version of PS). And I enter in an infinite loop. I have no other choice than killing PS from the task manager and I loose all my ongoing work.

This is not a problem of memory, I have 32 Gb of RAM and 1 Tb of SSD disk space. This happens whatever the version of PS I use, whether it is the last one or a previous one. I use W10 latest version.

Is there any solution to that desperate bug ?

All the best

Fred

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will happen if you try to use keyboard shortcuts while the dialog is open. Is that what you're doing?

Or maybe you have triggered a dialog which happens to be off-screen?

As long as the dialog is open, it will only accept relevant and appropriate input. Any other action/activity causes this message.

There's no need to kill Photoshop. Just make sure the dialog gets input it can process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not what I do. It happens randomly, sometime just whe I click on a tool, or when I drag a slidder.

This message pops up and when I press Esc, it closes and pops up again indefinitely. It can't do anything else, all the keyboard is inactive except the Esc key. I have to switch to the task manager to kill PS.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you find an answer ?

I've got the same problem.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I received no answer. The solution given by D_Fosse does not adress the same problem.

I completely uninstalled PS and cleaned up the registry with Revo and reinstalled it from scratch.

The problem is that this is a random error that can happen at anytime. I can be error free for a some days and then every time.

I am not very motivated to use PS so no time to test if it works, but it may be the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines