• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase Icon Size?

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I increase the size of all the Photoshop icon, Tools, etc.?  For me, they are very small.

My setup is: MacBook Pro and Mac Pro Desktop, OS 10.10.1, with Photoshop CS6 vs 13.0 x34

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Hey,

Try Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Scaling ( Under text setting ) set it to Auto > Restart Photoshop and it should be good to go.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Photoshop CS6 updates to get the Retina display support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris

Am doing it now so will see what gives tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2015 Jan 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, now that I did the upgrade, how do I increase the size of all the visible/display icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not answered my question.

How do I enlager the icons and text on the tool bar and option bar?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Preferences>Interface>Ui Font size>Large

If you need everything much bigger for a v high res display - Edit>Preferences>Experimental Features>Scale UI 200%...(IF this option is available in CS6 - sorry, I can't remember).

These routes are available on a pc I assume they are the same on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not answered 9 months later!. 

I have the same problem with the tiny tool gallery icons and menu bar text of Adobe CC Photoshop (2015).  My engine is iMac (late 2013), Yosemite 10.10.5.  The problem is stopping me taking out an Adobe CC subscription. Adobe do not seem able to either fix the problem or give a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Try Edit > Preferences > Interface > UI Scaling ( Under text setting ) set it to Auto > Restart Photoshop and it should be good to go.

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the fact actual Adobe cant answer this problem with a working solution!

So to add to this thread a simple question to Adobe,

Which of the CS6 Apps (NOT CC) work to an adjustable text size on a 4K screen? I refer to 4K laptops also so the Regedit fix will not work on a laptops.

and here is where as a paying customer I sit back and wait 6 months for an answer I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Love the fact actual Adobe cant answer this problem with a working solution!

Well, that's your choice, isn't it? Photoshop CS6 is five major versions behind. It was released in 2012, at a time when nobody knew what a retina screen was.

The working solution has been in place for many years.

There will never be any more updates for CS6, it has been a dead end for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you pay £800 for software you expect it to be updatable perhaps?

Thanks for your useless unhelpful response though. 2 can play that game.

Why respond if you have no input?

Itunes was released in 2001. That managed to offer updates to its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, and Photoshop was released in 1990. They still manage to offer updates to their customers, including retina support in 2014.

Legacy versions don't get feature updates. That's nothing special for Adobe, it's like that everywhere. For new features you need to upgrade - that's what an upgrade is.

You have chosen to stay with an outdated version. That's your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the only solution is to buy NEW versions of Adobe apps, are they available to buy outright or is it all pay annually/ monthly?

and then wait a few years for them to become un-serviceable again.

The reason I enjoyed CS6 is it was a one time payment, with a hardcopy of the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Adobe should consider Customer loyalty rewards then, rather than just expect customers to return year after year paying for upgrades.

A successful company is not just one that increases net profit every year, it is one that looks after its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, I have just seen Adobe still offers CS6 as a download option to customers so it should be EASY to rectify the software issue at source? Do you need any programmers who know what they are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling CS6 a long time ago. For a while you could only order it by phone, so they could warn the customer of the consequences if they insisted - but even that stopped about a year ago.

What we all do when making changes to the working system, is research. Will this work with that, will x hardware break y software? I never take anything for granted. I always check.

Mac users should know this all too well, and it is in your own interest to upgrade Photoshop to a current version. Apple is well known for breaking legacy support for anything, at any time, without notice, and chances are CS6 will simply stop working fairly soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my only option is to pay monthly then?

and the CC version, are the updates free?

Surely all the CS6 version would need is an adjustment to the Registry files, but hey I understand the business implications on getting everyone enrolled into a payment scheme.

Thank you for the tip about research, my next step is research to a different software developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major advantage of CC is that you never have to worry about upgrades again. You get them as they come, all included.

At the same time, the old versions are always available if for some reason you need to roll back. You can still use CS6 as part of the subscription if you like.

I get that there are many reasons for disliking the subscription model - but economy is not one of them. At $10 a month for the photography plan, and factoring in upgrades along the way, you'll have a hard time ever catching up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iant76447345  wrote

When you pay £800 for software you expect it to be updatable perhaps?

Thanks for your useless unhelpful response though. 2 can play that game.

Why respond if you have no input?

Itunes was released in 2001. That managed to offer updates to its customers.

Are you still using the version of iTunes that was released in 2001? I am guessing not. Adobe has also offered updates to its customers. Previously they came with CS2, then CS3, etc., and you had to upgrade to get the updates. Now the updates are included with the subscription so you get them as they are released. But it's really hard, imho opinion, to do a side-by-side comparison of the two programs, as PS is so much more robust than iTunes.

The engineers who work on new features deserve to have living wages--they have added some pretty cool things since CS6. But one thing you may not be aware of is that Adobe has a photographer's program where you can have an annual subscription, paid monthly, for just $9.99 per month. Then you get all the updates as they come out, which is several times per year. When the next version is release (very soon), there will be six versions since CS6.

You can download a 7-day trial to see what you think before deciding.

By the way, D Fosse is a volunteer who is trying to help you. Neither of us work for Adobe. We simply use and love the program and try to help users as yourself. We can't change Adobe's policies, but we can explain them.​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of you work for Adobe! 

So why are you authorised to "Speak" on behalf of them? It's a laughing stock. No direct customer service, yet another company that takes customers money without having to solve problems!

In that case Jane/ Mr Fosse, with all due respect, don't get involved when people are trying to "Reach Adobe Help" i.e) the Company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you two that smitten with adobe products that you cannot have an open mind to realise their whole product is geared up to force customers into a life long payment system. Instead of buy and go. Please explain (if you do not think that's true) why ALL CS6 programs have a "check for updates" button?

This is clear evidence that a system could be ran where users could purchase a program and perhaps pay for updates (to keep an income rolling in).

You would not pay monthly for a car if you realised that you would never own it would you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of people do that - it's called "leasing" and it's becoming increasingly common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Retina screens were starting to circulate in October 2012. Please use facts rather than thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solution s for for my new version 20.1, running on windows 10 64 bit.

The paths are all different. There no UI Scaling under Interface.

Text size is adjustable however (edit->Preferences->Fonts).

The tiny little icons like "get files" and such are way too small. Need a way to make them bigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hitfilm pro..updates free..1 off payment...of less than 400£. Has more format options than after effects too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines