• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increasing image size / quality

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were to download a typical photo from facebook, the quality and size might be 600x600 pixels @ 96 dpi. While that's fine for the web, I want to make a 24x36 photo of this photo. The shop that makes these says the image needs to be at least 150 dpi preferably 300 dpi and a much larger pixel. My question is if there is software that will increase the image quality of an image, or does photoshop do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chaz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you will loose some image quality when you change the number of pixels your image has. The new image will have less detail if you decrease the number of pixels you had.  If you increase the number the new image quality will look softer and less sharp for the details had to be generated by the interpolation method.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Photoshop couldn't enlarge your photo and still maintain the image quality, with only change the image size.

There's software out there called Topaz Gigapixel which can enlarge photo with AI technology thingy. I've been used that and i think it is awesome.

Tell me if my answer broke the forum rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't. Or you can, but the result will look terrible. Don't even think about it.

You need more pixels. 600 x 600 will print with acceptable quality at about the physical size of, say, a phone. That's all the resolution it will sustain. For 24 x 36 you need a much bigger file.

Generally, web files are not suitable for print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines