• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinite light control not visible

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to move the infinite light position on a 3D model but when I click on the infinite light in the 3D panel, the 'umbrella' shaped control does not appear on the canvas.  If you click on the canvas and then hold and move the cursor, the light does move but you have no idea of where it is or what the effect will be as you cannot see the direction it is going.  This only started happening a few days ago and I cannot seem to find any setting that will make it reappear.  

Any guidance on how to get the infinite light control to appear again would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Hi

If you're on version 22.4.1 try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-05-20 09_59_13-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you're on version 22.4.1 try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-05-20 09_59_13-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

That worked perfectly - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

I know you helped out with this issue in the past, I've tried the above step but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me - any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Infinite light control (umbrella like control) is not working for me too, its just not there anywhere on the canvas. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D features are been discontinued in Photoshop, Adobe recommends installing version 22.2, which is available from the Creative Cloud app, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My light control does not appear and when 

i click and drag on the canvas, the white background shifts perspectives. 

When I tried enabling 'Deactivate native canvas', it started making my whole canvas and I lose all my elements. 

Any reason why this may be happeining

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you checked Ctrl+H?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines