• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert a photo into a photo layer of a collage file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased photo collages for my clients. The PSD files for the separate collage files have layers labeled "Place your photo here" or similar language. I have tried several searches here and nothing seems to be particularly helpful. Your responses are welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about how is your document, but here are three things you can try:

1. Double click on the layer thumbnail where it says place your image here. If it was an smart object it will open a new document and you can place your image there.

2. Convert the place to a smart object, right click on the layer, the select convert to smart object. If you make this, than you can just follow the step one after that.

3. You can clip your image into the form. Put your picture in the top of the shape layer, then press Ctrl + alt + G.

Hope some of these can help you. 🙂 Or, try to post a Pic of your document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my question. It's another step towards a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word 'Place' suggests that you do exactly that.

Select one of the collage layers, and go File > Place Embedded and select the desired image.

Before you start, open Preferences > General and make sure your settings are as per the two I have highlighted in green

This will ensure that the Placed image will have a transform bounding box and handles for you to size, and ensure it is placed as a Smart Object so you can resize again, as often as you need, without loss of image quality.

clipboard_image_0.png

You have not said what Photoshop version you are using, but if it is CC and up to date, consider using The Frame Tool which is ideal for creating collages

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information you shared was very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no standard document formats for photoshop template PSD template file.  The are many different template designs.   Since its not your PSD template design. Its one you purchased it would not be popper for you to post  You need to provide better information about the  PSD layers structure.  Place is a very strange Photoshop feature and IMO is not the  Photoshop features to use to populate images into a psd template.   Place will resize and degrade image files that are place into a  document that resolution does not match the image file Print Resolution setting.   

Photoshop's new Frame tool has issues because it uses Photoshop Place feature and the Adobe developers that implemented the Frame tool did not understand how place works.  The frame tools has image resizing issues. So I would not recommend considering adding Adobe Frame layers in Photoshop Template PSD files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ I thought of you and your mouseprint scripts when I read this thread. Are they still available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciated your time in sharing this way to answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines