• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserts Wrong Creation Date in Photoshop 21.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, Photoshop has been inserting the wrong "creation date" in image files shot with my Mavic 2 drone and imported as DNG files. This has been an issue only since the beginning of this month (November 2019) - maybe coinciding with Photoshop 21.0.1 update? The creation date is correct on my drone's flight record, and it is correct when the images are imported to my computer with PhotoMechanic. The date seems corrupted only when I open images with Bridge. Instead of dates in early November 2019, Photoshop inserts mostly September 14, 2017. For a few images shot at the same time, it uses January 1, 1970.

The date is imported correctly in Raw files shot on my Canon EOS cameras.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, because it's not a typical experience.
As the creation date inverting, could you please let us know if that happens with a specific file type ot file?

Could you you please check the system's date and make sure that it's set to present day?
You may also try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps. Preferences in Photoshop

I also found a forum thread similar to this issue, please check here: Date wrong when saving to JPG

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens with DNG files imported from my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, and also with JPG files imported from the drone. With JPG files, the date is set to 1/1/1970 instead of 9/14/2017. Files imported from my Canon EOS cameras in Raw are fine. When opening my drone's DNG or JPG files with Microsoft's Photos program, the correct date is displayed. The correct date is also shown when using PhotoMechanic.

Resetting preferences had no effect on this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like an issue with the Timezone. Were the jpegs and DJI images shot in the same time zone? Have you checked that the timezone & date are similar on your camera, computer and in Lightroom?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't be a timezone issue because, as I said earlier, the correct dates are there when the files are initially imported into PhotoMechanic. The correct dates are there when those files are opened opened with Microsoft's Photos program. The only problem is that when the files are opened in Bridge and then Photoshop, the DNG and JPG files from the drone are incorrect (the date is incorrect, not the time). Dates on Raw files from my EOS cameras are correct when opened in Bridge.

If I go to "File Info" in Photoshop and open "Raw Data," I get the following:

<xmp:CreateDate>2017-09-14T09:50:58</xmp:CreateDate>

That date should be 2019-11-05.

If I go farther down in the Raw Data file, I find the correct date:

<exif:DateTimeOriginal>2019-11-15T09:50:58</exif:DateTimeOriginal>

I don't know the difference between xmp and exif, but perhaps someone at Adobe can figure out why Photoshop knows the correct date but uses an incorrect date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I know this is an old thread - but I am having the same problem - even the same wrong date ! 

DNGs from a Mavic 2 pro.

Did you ever find a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Akash,

I see that you posted this exact same response to another question that someone posted about the PS app saving jpgs with the wrong date. This is happening to me with images that I created a few days ago being given a 1985 date! I can't find "Preferences" nor any other place in the PS app where I can change how it's assigning a date. Any ideas? Is this something the Adobe needs to address? I'm using the PS app on my iPad Pro.

Thank you,

Elena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines