• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram 'quality' secrets

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this issue has been talked over quite a bit, but I haven't seen anything to recent on it. Has anyone cracked the secret of how some people seem to be able to upload good quality vector style / flat colour images to Instagram?

Have recently uploaded some flat colour raster images that originated in Illustrator, but where imported and then exported out of Photoshop having done some work on them. The thumbnails and the finished artwork look awful once uploaded, and across multiple devices too. They looked great when they came out of Photoshop, no issues there. Looking across other designers artwork, some of them seem to have cracked the secret to keeping the quality in their Instagram uploads, does anyone here have any tips or hints? 

I have tried .jpg all the .png variations, lots of different sizes and depths, have added noise etc. and had almost no improvement in quality (all sRGB). I've also recently uploaded an animated version from AE and had similar issues with the thumb and the vid too.

I know Instagram compresses everything, but some people seem to have worked around this, and I need to know their secret! Feel like I'm probably doing something wrong somewhere. Any help would be great. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Anything? Bueller? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is disapointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the best way to upload to Insta is to make the image 1080x1080px, then Save for Web or Export as or whatever your version of PS has. I've also uploaded them at  600x600px, and that works as well. What size are  your images?

-edit typo-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, have been working to 1080x1080px, and have tried larger sizes too, all to little avail.

I have assumed it's one thing that I'm not doing right, but I can imagine that it's a combination of things that allow you to get a clean image / graphic. If anyone has any other insights, please do let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thanks for your input Leslie, it's much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Point of detail here... the general quality is better on phone screens than on a desktop browser. It's on desktop where the quality really suffers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines