Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install previous version of PS, while keeping the latest

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May you let me know how to install the previous version of PS (21.1.3), while keeping the latest (21.2). I knew how to do it with the previous version on the CCDesktop app, but now it prompts that it will erase the current version and I do not see another option.

I need to have the older version because an Action I use often is not working on the latest version and I wait on the update of that action. Till then I need the previous PS version also installed on my PC. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can't I'm afraid, you can have CC2019 installed along with 2020 though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's possible to have two dot releases of the same major version installed at the same time. They'd go into the same folder structure.

Different major versions go into different directories, so that's why that works without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 20.0.9 is now installed along with 21.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. That was possible in previous versions. It seems that now it's no longer possible.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try copying the 21.2 installation tree to a files system tree with a different name.  The install 21.1.3 which will replace the 21.2 installation tree.  Then play a renaming game to run the 21 version you want to use.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines