• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation quandary

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping to install Photoshop on a second machine. But my colleague already has creative cloud with InDesign. Is there any way to install my Photoshop on her machine without breaking her license for InDesign? She would use Photoshop when I'm  not, as per the license agreement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Doing so would break your license agreement. Your license allows two activations for one user. The license is not to be shared, and she will need her own license.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, I am not a lawyer and I don’t work for Adobe, however…

If each of you wanted to use the applications allowed by each of your own licenses, it should be possible by having one of you sign out of Creative Cloud on a computer and then the other sign in. The applications available for each license would be the only ones that would run for the user who is currently signed in (I think), so as long as each of you is signed into your own account when you’re using the computer, you would be fine because applications you don’t have a license to wouldn’t run. For example, if you have a license for Photoshop and you sign in on her computer and install Photoshop, as long as your account is signed in Photoshop would work but InDesign would not. And when she is signed in InDesign will run and Photoshop will not. I can’t say I have actually tried that, though.

However, as soon as you say “She would use Photoshop when I'm not” then it runs into a couple things.

The End-user license agreements FAQ says:

No more than one user can use a single-user-license Adobe product.

and in the Adobe General Terms of Use you run into:

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(C) enable or allow others to use the Services or Software using your account information;

So if you have a single-user license (not a multi-user license like Creative Cloud for Teams), there are ways for both of you to use your own licensed Adobe software on any computer or even a shared computer, but the second either of you decides to use something licensed to someone else, you’ll have to watch out for the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines