Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed the latest Photoshop Update, 22.3.1 and uninstalled after few minutes

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was happy to discover about a new PS update, to hopefully starting to have a stable and less error prone software iteration.
With regret, I wasn't "disappointed" at all.

After installing the latest update, Photoshop couldn't recognise any GPU in my system (Intel HD 630 and nVidia Geforce RTX 2070 8GB), showing just an UNKNOWN string in the Graphics Processor Settings menu.

Plus, while working on single PSD file, which before upgrading PS version wasn't causing any problem, I've got some memory leak as I've got almost 50% of my RAM used by Photoshop (16GB on 32GB) and PS started to become unusable, despite the CPU usage was almost near 10%.

I wish I could be happy everytime I update PS, but I wasn't.

Reverted back to 22.3.0, and I have to live with the super annyoing Pen Tool bug.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only the Pen tool bug, there are another big bug after install update. Free transform do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.3.1 wont even start on mine, I just get an error message saying photoshop has encountered an error and needs to close. 

Version 22.3 wouldnt let me edit any photos so ive had to revert back to 22.2

Who do you actually contact to get any decent support? When i finally got through on the live chat about version 22.3, i was told they were working on it right away and to wait for the next version....Ive done that and now its worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't contact Adobe support actually, I've been super busy at work right now and to be back on track is faster and easier for me downgrading than contacting Adobe Support.
You could try to reset all the preferences and do a clean uninistall and reinstall the software.
Maybe you should also investigate the operating system health, sometimes the issues come from there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank!

I'm super busy at work too.
All this things you`ve mention I did it, the issue with the free transform is solved but the pen tool issue continues. And somtimes, I don't know why yet, the color preference for the pen tool changes to grey. Not important bug to me, but the pen tool bug I think is important and I was hope with this update to repair it but it remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Pen Tool Bug is certainly annoying, but the Work-Around is fairly simple. 

Still, it is disappointing that it went unfixed with 22.3.1 … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines