Installing Photoshop on a specific drive/partition

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I direct the installation of PhotoShop on a specific drive and partion within the drive?  In the download and install process I am not given an option to install it on a specific drive/partition.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing Photoshop on a specific drive/partition

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I direct the installation of PhotoShop on a specific drive and partion within the drive?  In the download and install process I am not given an option to install it on a specific drive/partition.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2021 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend that and there is nothing to gain. If you're low on space there are much better and more effective ways to deal with that. The Photoshop program files are only a gigabyte or two - but you will end up with as much as that on the system drive anyway, in the form of settings, preferences etc under your user account. You can't move that.

What you should move to make a difference, is the scratch disk, which can be 50 to 100 GB or more, as well as the Bridge cache and ACR cache. That could well be another 20-50 GB. So you see, the 2 GB of Photoshop program files is insignificant in the bigger picture.

You could also get a lot of GB just by running system disk cleanup.

As a rule of thumb, a standard installation of operating system plus a fair amount of applications, including a range of CC apps, will take up less than 100GB. Much more than that, and it's time to clean up.

Generally, applications perform best on the system drive. Partitions are also quite inefficient with SSDs. It sometimes made sense with spinning drives, but it's not recommended these days.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0