Highlighted

Installing PS CS5 on a new internal hard drive after old one died before I could un authorise PS

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old boot drive with PS CS5 died suddenly and I had no time to un-authorize PS before the defunct drive was switched out for a new hard drive in my Mac Mini Server/OS 10.11.6/16Gb RAM/2Tb SSD boot drive. Now when I try to launch PS it comes up with an error message that it can't find the drive. Well, yes, the old drive it was on was removed. How can I re-authorize PS on my new hd?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Installing PS CS5 on a new internal hard drive after old one died before I could un authorise PS

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old boot drive with PS CS5 died suddenly and I had no time to un-authorize PS before the defunct drive was switched out for a new hard drive in my Mac Mini Server/OS 10.11.6/16Gb RAM/2Tb SSD boot drive. Now when I try to launch PS it comes up with an error message that it can't find the drive. Well, yes, the old drive it was on was removed. How can I re-authorize PS on my new hd?

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe Support can deactivate your old install you need their help.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked on the Adobe support page but only found links to support current sw and mine is version 5. If you have a link that would be useful I would appreciate your posting it.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What JJ meant is you have to contact Adobe support to have them deactivate your old install.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no download link for CS5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the original install media, reinstall and get support to reset your activation count. There's a chat option on the support page. If you don't have the original media, there's nothing that can be done. CS5 is ten years old and no longer available anywhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I do have the original installation Cds, though PS is installed on this disk. My problem is that I can't seem to find a link to the Adobe Support area where I can either chat or send them an email to request they un-authorize one of my authorizations so I can use PS on my new internal hd. The 2nd authorization is used on my MacBook Pro 2009. Adobe seems to have clickable options on their support page depending on what your problem is and none of them are pertinent to my case. If anybody here can point to the proper support page with an option to either chat or email Adobe I would be most grateful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your actvations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...Chat and Agent Larger.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Adobe customer support cannot help you with anything other than an activation count reset. 

1. With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/products
2. Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.
3. Click the chat icon. Online chat is available in English 24/7.
4. In the chat box, type AGENT followed by enter key and wait for a human.
5. Alternately, phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0