Highlighted

Intel UHD 630 Graphics (i5-10400 CPU)

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A friends computer has failed so he needs a new one however he is budget limited at the moment.  He knows very little about computers so has turned to me to source him one ( tell him what to buy ).  

He keeps pointing me to computers (given his budget) which only include the Intel UHD 630 Graphics and no discrete graphics card at all.  The CPU in question is the 10th Gen i5-10400.

I have reservations about if this will work for him, he uses Photoshop and Lightroom, given that it is only onboard and the benchmark score for it is very poor, well less than 2000.

Does anyone have any experience with the latests versions of Photoshop and Lightoom, he has the subscription, with this graphics card.  I always thought you needed a discrete graphics card and not onboard graphics.

I just do not want to say ok "buy that" and then within a short time it no longer work or just not work at all.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Intel UHD 630 Graphics (i5-10400 CPU)

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A friends computer has failed so he needs a new one however he is budget limited at the moment.  He knows very little about computers so has turned to me to source him one ( tell him what to buy ).  

He keeps pointing me to computers (given his budget) which only include the Intel UHD 630 Graphics and no discrete graphics card at all.  The CPU in question is the 10th Gen i5-10400.

I have reservations about if this will work for him, he uses Photoshop and Lightroom, given that it is only onboard and the benchmark score for it is very poor, well less than 2000.

Does anyone have any experience with the latests versions of Photoshop and Lightoom, he has the subscription, with this graphics card.  I always thought you needed a discrete graphics card and not onboard graphics.

I just do not want to say ok "buy that" and then within a short time it no longer work or just not work at all.

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way Photoshop is going at the moment it's relying more and more on a dedicated GPU, this is especially true with versions 2020 and 2021.

Adobe have upgraded their system requirements for GPU's in the most recent version, a lot of people without dedicated and recent GPU's are having major issues with this version, so my advice would be to up the budget and get a PC with a dedicated GPU

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, yes that is my worry.  I have just lost Photoshop on my machine with the latest update, just waiting now on the new Ryzen processor launch on Thursday to put my order in a for a new computer myself.

I think I am going to look for ones with a dedicated card which are going to be over his budget by about £100 but tell him to wait till Black Friday otherwise it is his choice and his money but I will not recommend a computer without one.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0