• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interesting Photoshop actions and/or presets..

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across the wonderful star filter action for photoshop but it fails to replicate the images below, I was wondering where do I find or how do I make the star filters shown as an action? It isn't manual as you can see would be too time consuming (I've tried) and it seems they get their flares from somewhere and use an photoshop action to overlay images. Help!
69C2D9C2-81FB-45D0-8DDE-139229094B2F.jpeg

D2CF5EA8-0984-4E84-AF2F-A2E460645509.jpeg

458C35F6-0FBF-421C-8BAB-D4FD4C141246.jpeg

E739B70F-B590-4038-8668-D4081BFA62CD.jpeg

  

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also E-Mail icebox to ask how they did it, what application they used, and whether they share tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would never lol, I have tried but their photographers are under a NDA and apparently photoshop filters are a business secret! What do you think I can do to get the same effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, such companies always have NDA as argument 😉 I can't say anything more, I'm just here as you used 'Actions and scripting' label, but I'm not sure it's proper to this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best on the market is the StarFilter Pro plugin, developed by Noel Carboni. Incredibly versatile and flexible. I don't know if he's still developing it, but I've had it installed for years and it still works in the latest PS version.

Try here: https://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/StarFilterPro4.html 

starfilter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! Resembles  the program they may use actually; is there a mac compatible version? Or other programs tips you can point out? Thanks For your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. Noel never was a Mac person...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, do you happen to know of any similar programs compatible with mac this one looked so promising 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is nothing similar for Mac. 🙁 I wish there were.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, Noel's plugin is great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do you happen to know of any similar programs compatible with mac that resembles Noel's plugin? this one looked so promising 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use filters for this.  I sprinkle lightly with custom brushes. Create your own custom brushes or use pre-made ones like these.  🙂

https://www.brusheezy.com/free/starburst

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind reply! If you know any filters or actions that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's one:

(have not used it, so i don't know how it compares to Noel's StarFilter Pro plugin)

https://www.scarablabs.com/star-filter-photoshop

Unfortunatly, the number of third party filters for photoshop on the mac side seems to have declined over the years compared to what's available for windows, mostly due i guess to the constant changing of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines