• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent Droplet error. "Command Print is not currently available" and "Could not run Droplet...

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an error that seems to only have started since I installed Photoshop CC 2020. We were running CC 2015 previously and never had this problem. 

We get two errors  "The Command Print is not currently available" and "Could not run the droplet because of a disk error"

I have a print shop and a custom program that automates our printing by using Droplets to send files to our Epson printers. It has worked great over the past year, but over the last few months we've been getting this error more frequently, since we upgraded to 2020. The odd thing is that it seems to happen only in the middle of the night, when we are away. Then we see the errors first thing when we get on the computer in the morning.

Part of me wonders if it's being casused by the computer going to sleep, printer communication error, or the printer itself going to sleep. It's a 2012 iMac and I did disable the computer and disk going to sleep in Energy Settings. Didn't seem to change anything. Also the printers go to sleep sometimes during the day during working hours and this doesn't happen.

I researched on here others having problems with commands in droplets not being available, which all seemed to be related to the action calling for a command to a specifically named layer or a command that could not be executed on a certain bit depth or color space. This shouldn't really apply to our action. It's simply a "Print, Close without saving" action. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?