Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intro Tutorial Info for 3D in Latest Rel. of Ps CC

Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a photographer. Not a designer.

I don't want to create wireframes and add textures, etc. to them.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use the Ps CC 2020 '3D' interface for photographers? It would be my 1st time trying/learning it.

Everything I've found online (including by Corey Barker) is geared to CS6 or earlier. I don't even own CS6. Because features notoriously disappear to make room for others in Ps updates I'd like to see a tutorial using the current or fairly recent (if 3D features stayed the same in the June update) Ps CC.

I'm using a Win 10 PC (not that that should matter). I want to be able to do things like work with a single still image and alter the depth of field of it using 3D features and/or composite in elements to a photo and use the Ps CC 3D to give those added elements the sensation of being 3D so they could appear as if they're in a foreground, midground, background of my base image.

Thx for any pointers to intro tutorials that are current and up-to-date re: 3D features in the current Ps CC release!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with this.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty I would not advise learning it.

The current implementation of 3D in v21 is buggy and whilst some of the bugs can be worked around with some experience in 3D (such as removing scaling from UV maps to prevent double textured images on rendering, or working around the bad implementation of PBR metallic, roughness shading to try and get renders to match previews) without that 3D experience you are going to be wondering whether you are making an error or running into one of the bugs. If you are starting out you would be better off learning to use Dimension or Blender. 

As to your question, most of the steps shown in tutorials for CS6 still apply in v21 with the exception of a new materials shading system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tutorials are out of date because Adobe has sat on the fence about 3D for the past 15 years hopping it's a fad that goes away... They've added a few untested features which break more work flows than they help

I agree with Dave, trying Dimension or getting into Blender will be the best option for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines