Is it a bug? My brush size and hardness keep adjusting at the same time when using hotkeys...

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so I'm running into probably one of the strangest issues I've had in all of my years of using photoshop and it's only happening when I use specific brushes (usually ones with more custom settings.)

Using Mac (I just currently updated to Photoshop CC 2020, and Catalina OS). I've been using the brush size increase/decrease hotkey as command, alt, and drag side to side to make the brush smaller or bigger. I am also familiar with the hotkey that is command, alt, but drag up and down to make the brush edges softer or harder. 

Now that I've updated to CC 2020, I'm running into all sorts of issues with my brush texture/edges/pressure getting really screwy as soon as I decrease the size of the brush using my command, alt, drag method. (This doesn't happen when I use the brackets as hot keys to change brush size). My theory is that it's actually changing the brush hardness/softness at the same time as the size, which is super bizarre because I am dragging from side to side - not up and down. 

This is only happening with my custom painting brushes, and doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with some of Photoshop's default brushes. I'm wondering then if it's a bug...or what it is? I suppose I can adjust and just use the bracket hot keys, but that really messes with my workflow, and I would like to know if this is something that can be troubleshooted or not.

Any help/insight is much appreciated! Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?