• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible link pixel data files placed from variables data set exports

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have photoshop replace defined pixel layers with linked files when you export data sets from files? Or are there any scripts out there that will do this from comma or tab delimited text files generated from excel?

I have thought about data merge in InDesign but keeping it as a layered file within photoshop works best for our workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Could you please have a look at this article and see if it helps? Creating data-driven graphics in Photoshop

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil but I didn't find the answer in that article....or the one I was hoping for.

The problem I have is that the file that is replaced on any pixel replacement layers become a merged rastered layer. My goal is to have the file be placed as a linked smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically data driver graphics support text replacement and pixel replacement not smart object replacement. Smart Object Layer can only have its visibility turned on and off with defined variables.

You would need to script smart object replacement and replacement objects need to be the same size and resolution of the object being replaced for all smart object layers have an associated transform that is not replaced or modified when you replace a smart object layer's object.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines