Highlighted

Is it possible that the action step take the script name instead of "script" ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, i'm a french retoucher and new to scirpting in photoshop.

The title says it all :

When i record the execution of a default script like "flatten all masks", i get the right step name "flatten the masks" in french in the panel action, but for a every script of mine it displays "script" and i have to develop the step to see what it is.

I tried several things but nothing works so far.

And i precise that i don't know enough to go trough scripting panels and plugins.

Thanks a lot !

Have learn most of what i know about scritping here.

Open source and add this to the beginning of every script you use. Set the name of the script in the menu and the name of the script in the action as you like.

UUID (type number 868572e6-d71e-4495-8a92-f8968960bb63) for each script it is better to generate your own.

Passing any parameter is needed for the Photoshop script to write them to the panel. I decided to put the name of the script file there.

/*
   <javascriptresource>
   <name>My script name</name>
   <eventid>868572e6-d71e-4495-8a92-f8968960bb63</eventid>
   <terminology><![CDATA[<< /Version 1 
                            /Events << 
                             /868572e6-d71e-4495-8a92-f8968960bb63 [(My script name label)<<
                             >>] 
                            >> 
                         >> ]]></terminology>
   </javascriptresource>
   */

(d = new ActionDescriptor).putString(stringIDToTypeID("null"), decodeURI(new File($.fileName).name));
app.playbackParameters = d;

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible that the action step take the script name instead of "script" ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, i'm a french retoucher and new to scirpting in photoshop.

The title says it all :

When i record the execution of a default script like "flatten all masks", i get the right step name "flatten the masks" in french in the panel action, but for a every script of mine it displays "script" and i have to develop the step to see what it is.

I tried several things but nothing works so far.

And i precise that i don't know enough to go trough scripting panels and plugins.

Thanks a lot !

Have learn most of what i know about scritping here.

Open source and add this to the beginning of every script you use. Set the name of the script in the menu and the name of the script in the action as you like.

UUID (type number 868572e6-d71e-4495-8a92-f8968960bb63) for each script it is better to generate your own.

Passing any parameter is needed for the Photoshop script to write them to the panel. I decided to put the name of the script file there.

/*
   <javascriptresource>
                            /Events << 
                             >>] 
                            >> 
                         >> ]]></terminology>
   </javascriptresource>
   */

(d = new ActionDescriptor).putString(stringIDToTypeID("null"), decodeURI(new File($.fileName).name));

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the label script tells what type of command or step was done. You have to open up the step to see what the actual name of the script is. It would be nice though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you, ok that's too bad !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/*
   <javascriptresource>
                            /Events << 
                             >>] 
                            >> 
                         >> ]]></terminology>
   </javascriptresource>
   */

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome, that is exactly what i wanted, it works !

what is the eventid for ? how can i generete it ? i can put anything ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a unique text string used to identify the script and passing parameters, both when launched from the Action Pane and when launched from other scripts. It can be anything, the main thing is that there are no repetitions with other scripts. The easiest way is to generate a random value, for example here:

https://www.uuidgenerator.net

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood, it works perfectly ! thanks a lot !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0