Highlighted

Is it possible to edit pdf in Photoshop?

Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys!

I just need to edit one of my pdf file as well as need to merge to pdf file. Is it possible to do editing task of pdf file in Photoshop? Looking forward for all your suggestions. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is it possible to edit pdf in Photoshop?

Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys!

I just need to edit one of my pdf file as well as need to merge to pdf file. Is it possible to do editing task of pdf file in Photoshop? Looking forward for all your suggestions. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs are generally not meant for editing and thus quite limited even in Acrobat. The only way to "edit" them in PS is to import the file and let it be rasterized. You cannot create multi-page PDFs with PS.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2015 2
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium for the info, I was not aware of that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete nonsense! Yes you can, period, ever since photoshop existed. Go on youtube and forget all these comments.
Just wanted to point out that it's complete hogwash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, you would need Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. to edit/merge PDFs. It's the right tool for that job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be absolutely sure: you CAN open a single page PDF and CAN save from Photoshop. But generally it is a very bad idea, ruins the PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentionend – editing in Photoshop is bad, because vector graphics are converted into raster graphics.

There are a couple of useful editing features in Acrobat Pro, even in Acrobat 8 Pro, which I'm still using.

For instance:

– Insert, Append, Extract, Replace, Delete Pages.

– Edit text, for instance typos, using the Touch up text tool.

– Edit images by Photoshop, using the Touch up object tool:

Move an image directly to PS, edit there and bring it back directly  into the PDF, using the original compression settings.

– Optimize file size.

Altogether one has a couple of chances for last minute corrections, often simpler than going back to the generating program

and extremely helpful, if this program is not or no more available.

Please tell us your special task, then we will see what we can do – not by Photoshop but by Acrobat Pro.

Best regards --Gernot Hoffmann

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2015 1
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detail idea. Ok I will not edit the PDF on photoshop, rather I will use the online PDF editor. It works for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2015 0