• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it time I get a new iMac?

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, my 2017 iMac has suddenly gone slow as molassis. That spinning color wheel pops up at the simplest commands. It's been a bit slow for a couple months now but it seemed to have gone into turtle speed when I started an art project on PS that was large in size (about 800MG). It's been spinning wheels and long dreadful waits ever since. And NOW i have this issue in which those dreaded squares pop up all over my PS documents (see attatched photo).

This iMac is three years old. Is that considered way beyond it's prime or should it have a few more years to go? Is my best bet to buy a new one--or are there steps I can take to restore faster performance? Hell, I'm just doing simple illustration work on art that averages 300MG--it ain't like I'm doing film editing for Pixar!

Thanks much for your input!

LesScreen Shot 2020-08-25 at 11.32.16 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a late 2015 imac 27" and had the same problems. I had 8 Megs of Ram installed. Soo.I just intalled 16 meg of additional memory, same speed, as so now i have 24 megs of Ram! 

Wow, it's like a brand new computer and cost only 90 bucks. Seriously, running Photoshop and Final Cut and Adobe express simulteneously, no problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "abobe bridge" not "adobe express". Nice illustration btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With all the Photoshop  Issues I read about on new Mac OS you may want to consider a windows machine for Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines