• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Photoshop 22.2 stable or still full of bugs?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of the infamous "Program error while saving files" and other catastrophic problems with recent updates, like many, I was forced to revert back to an older version (Photoshop 21.2.4) where things are slighty more stable. I've also help off from updating to OS Big Sur until this is more stable.

So is Photoshop 22.2 stable or still full of catastrophic bugs?

Does anyone know what Adobe's plan is to rectify things as the recent recent level of software bugs and errors is far beyond anything in over 15 years of Photoshop use?

Thank you.

Mac Spec:

Apple Mac Book Pro 16"

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rock solid here, no problems whatsoever.

But that's Windows 10 / Nvidia Quadro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Photoshop 22.2.0 on MacOS 10.15.7 and it works well enough, but it certainly still has bugs.

How well it runs on your computer depends in some part on your own decisions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichlerMost helpful to hear from another Mac user. Please could you elaborate on the type of bugs you're still encountering?

I tend to work with hires photographic images with 5-20 layers with a mix of adjustment layers and layer masks. Mainly using Photoshops core standard tools (inc. healing, cloning and transform functions). Certainly nothing so intensive I'd expect them to cause major problems (until now).

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue that one cannot replace the existing jpg when saving a jpg-copy off of a layered image persists on Mac. 

It doesn’t affect me but many users seem to be infuriated by it. 

Edit: And i noticed that I sometimes do have display issues – but for me they are not severe or frequent enough to revert to an older version so far. 

I experience occasional crashes but those often occur in connection with running Scripts. 

I don’t keep count but I would estimate less than one crash a day – but with the back-ups created via »Automatically Save Recovery Information …« the loss of actual work does not seem that big. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines