• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is There a Definitive Answer on Pen Pressure not working?

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting frustrated beyond words trying this and that to fix the lack of Wacom pen pressure in PS 21.2.2 on a W10 machine. Is there a definitive, tested fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Pen pressure is working fine for me with Photoshop version 21.2.2, using a Wacom Intuos tablet

I don't use the PSUSerConfig file any longer and have Window Ink enabled

2020-08-28 16_32_32-Wacom Tablet Properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, with Use Windows Ink
unchecked, the sliders in Lightroom become sticky and sluggish. Do you see
the same issue? Maybe that's the price we have to pay for PS pen pressure
to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to say "with Win Ink checked."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't use Lightroom so can't check that, you mentioned Windows Ink unchecked, I have it checked as in my screenshot, do you use the PSUSerConfig file

2020-08-28 17_01_50-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I have Windows Ink checked and no PSUserConfig.txt. That gives me PS pen pressure, but makes the Lightroom sliders sticky. On balance, I use Lightroom more than I need PS pen pressure. I was hoping I could have both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried adding Lightroom as an application to the Wacom settings, just a thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot helped me figure it out! I created an application entry on the Wacom configuration for just lightroom and turned Windows Ink off, leaving it on for all others. That worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad you got it sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would state the difinitive Answer would be not to use newer verions of Photoshop till Adobe addresses Pen support issues.  There are issues on Windows PC in Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.2 when using  WinTab support and when using INK support.  For the time being on Windows PC I think using WinTab  support in Photoshop 2020 versiom 21.0.3 is the best course of action.  I have also read there are issues on Mac machines with Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.2 Pen support. It seems Adobe Photoshop Pen support need fixing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, JJMack. I have a configuration that seems to be
working right now so I plan to stop fiddling with it. Just keeping my
fingers crossed.
Frank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use Windows ink and do not use your pen wth tools like clone stamp tool use mouse instead and don't mind the Ctrl, Shif,t Alt, Win popup INK Pen feedback your all set.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines