• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a letter/character limit when using text function?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import text from a Doc file (copy/paste) after a certain amount the page goes blank.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you import the text.  I'm sure there will be a limit,  However,  the limit would be quite large most likely more text then can fit on a normal print pages size. If I open new Print page legal size 8.5" x 14" and set the text tool to font size 6 black font and drag the text box to covet the full paper size.  I can paste in more text then will fit one the legal size page.  If I edit the text font size  more or less text will be visible on the page.  More text then fits on the document is stored in the text late.    I have never tried create a 30,000px by 30,000px canvas to see how much text can be pasted into the text tool. I have no idea as the when I could get the much text that would flow 30,000 pixels wide. 

Capture.jpg

I just created a canvas 30.000 by 30,000 ant past in Image Processor Pre Script. it  a 320KB text files.  11,000 text lines none are wide  text flowed paragraphs. So the 30,000 px document height was exceeded  the 320KB of text did  seem not to be a problem. Photoshop pop up a progress bar that it was rendering text it took quite some time like a minute or two.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I meant copy and pasting straight from notepad using the type tool/text function.

I can import docs but, then they are more like images as I can not edit the text. When I import this way the words follow the format i.e line spacing which ruins the measurment.

I want to import the doc so that it can stay for example 100x100 pixels a perfect square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines