• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a library of premade shapes for paths in CS6 and where is it ?

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saw in an internet tutorial someone loading a path from a library of premade shapes within Photoshop but the version in use was not evident.

I am CS6 and need a spiral, where can I get such from ?

What are the steps to find it ?

Cheers

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

You can see the Shapes that ship with photoshop cs6 by selecting the Custom Shape Tool, then in the Tool Options Bar click on the Shape dropdown menu, click on the shape picker flyout menu, click All and Append in the dialog that appears.

spr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plenty of free spiral Custom Shapes online!  Google and see. Try here for a start:

http://www.shapes4free.com/photoshop-custom-shapes/wavy-spiral-sunburst-photoshop-shapes/ 

SPIRALS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the Shapes that ship with photoshop cs6 by selecting the Custom Shape Tool, then in the Tool Options Bar click on the Shape dropdown menu, click on the shape picker flyout menu, click All and Append in the dialog that appears.

spr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Jeff...with shapes as you show I am getting pixelated ( not anti aliased ie steppy edges) shapes when I draw with the cursor. I need paths as such in various shapes. How do I get those ?

Pnytail1414 are those also shapes as Jeff refers to ?

Cheers

Merlin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set the Custom Shape Tool to Path in the tool options bar before drawing the path.

The path is then shown in the paths panel.

Window>Paths

Of note is the fact that everything in photoshop is shown as pixels, so you not going to see the smooth paths like you would in Adoibe Illustrator or other vector drawing program.

paths.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines