• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to add additional pixels to a photo?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, let's say I have a blue sky but I feel as if it needs additional sky to balance the picture out.  Is there a way to copy a portion of the sky and then add it to the top off the photo?  This would then give the appearance of more sky above the subject and give the photo a longer vertical dimension.  I"m not sure where to find info on this so if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

The photo I've included is one that I feel needs a little bit more black above the grass - perhaps one half of the existing amount.

Thanks,

-bluepowder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is versy easy to do that just add canvas and distort the sky to add more sky.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks JJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way would be to enlarge the canvas. You can do that with the Crop tool or by choosing Image > Canvas Size.

Select the blank area and choose Edit > Fill, with Content Aware chosen in the dialog box. Depending on the image, you may need to repeat the process on areas that are not to your satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barbara!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to click the padlock icon on the right side of the layer to unlock the layer before you can use content aware fill.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for your info.  I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A variation of JJ's method is to use content aware scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My $0.02. You can also use Edit > Content Aware Scale feature which will honor alpha channel to protect some parts of image from scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info, Bojan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines