Is there a way to erase old lines while making a new stroke on one layer at the same time?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can erase at the same time I'm making a new stroke? preferably on the same layer but on separate layers would work as well. (New stroke on one layer and erasing on the one below it) I have difficulty with my rough outline process and this kind of thing would help a lot. 

I'm not completely familiar with all of the features yet. If you know any better alternatives or different software I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is there a way to erase old lines while making a new stroke on one layer at the same time?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can erase at the same time I'm making a new stroke? preferably on the same layer but on separate layers would work as well. (New stroke on one layer and erasing on the one below it) I have difficulty with my rough outline process and this kind of thing would help a lot. 

I'm not completely familiar with all of the features yet. If you know any better alternatives or different software I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do ONE at a time. You can create a new layer.... and add your new stroke, and then delete the layer underneath when you are finished. You should always put things on their own layer so you have the options of adding, moving deleting, and changing the layer order as you wish.

cheers,
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mark. I'm just a hobbyist digitally but traditionally I have an approach similar to idea I was trying to get across. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. I hope you were able to figure it out.

All the best.

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0