• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to train Adobe Sensei to get more accurate background cutouts for a specific object?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the quick action background removal tool I have been separating car images from their background. All the car images that I have are almost the exact same positioning, framing, etc. I would like to batch process this with a photshop action, but sometimes the cutouts aren't accurate enough because of shadows or certain details. Is there a way that I can train Sensei with a car dataset in Photoshop to recogniz the car for a better cutout?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dataset would have to be thousands of images and in fact would have to feature much more varied shots. KI doesn't work like a static selection as you seem to assume. In order to understand what actually is a shadow is, the KI needs to understand the "flow" of the image, not its absolute pixel data. So unless you literally have hundreds and thousands of images there is no way to consciously train any KI and you have to wait until the day the server-side databases have accumulated enough samples from users all across the world. What you currently achieve is probably as good as it gets for the time being.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have a dataset of 16,000 cars that have varied shots that I could use. The ones I need to cutout are in the same positioning and framing though. You said I would have to wait for the server-side database to accumulate enough images for the process to get better meaning I can't alter in any way the selection tool to refelect the dataset I have on a local level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, you are using the Select > Subject feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially yes, the quick action is the remove background button on quick actions under properties. It selects the subject and deletes the inverse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines