• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a workaround for getting past the Camera Raw Welcome Screen?

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2.4:

Double-clicking on a RAW file on the PC opens the Photoshop app and brings up a large "Welcome to Camera Raw 13.1" screen that extends below the monitor window (I'm working from home on a laptop with a 14" diagonal screen). I can't seem to shut it down. No exit or OK buttons to click on are viewable. (CTRL -) doesn't resize it down. Can't drag window up. Mouse scroll does not affect it. Solved: ESC turned it off.

With the above finally turned off, the Camera Raw environment appears. Camera Raw screen fills the laptop window, but I can't find buttons to save or exit; right side is off screen, and I assume sizing info is in the upper right corner. ESC key has no effect for resizing smaller. I can scroll the right menu up and down with the mouse wheel, but I don't see the customary buttons at bottom; they may be off screen at right. Can't drag by top edge to move it left and show any right buttons. Had to alt-Tab to home screen where I can click on the Adobe Photoshop button/tab and choose Close Window--but it won't close! My alternative is to reboot the computer, which I did. Luckily I shot the photos with jpg and camera raw versions. I opened the jpgs instead.

Is there any way to resize the Camera Raw screen to fit my screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Apparently your screen resolution isn't sufficient. What is the native screen resolution, and has it been modified by scaling in Windows Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Update: I changed the scaling to 125 and all is right with camera raw.  I will, however, likely need to visit the optometrist and get VERY STRONG magnifying lens!   I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the Camera Raw screen was solved, but the second half of the OP was not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem "Camera Raw screen fills the laptop window, but I can't find buttons to save or exit; right side is off screen, and I assume sizing info is in the upper right corner. ESC key has no effect for resizing smaller. I can scroll the right menu up and down with the mouse wheel, but I don't see the customary buttons at bottom; they may be off screen at right. Can't drag by top edge to move it left and show any right buttons."

I am on a Windows 10 PC. Updated PS and Camera Raw today with no change.  I have to control/alt/delete to shut down PS through Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently your screen resolution isn't sufficient. What is the native screen resolution, and has it been modified by scaling in Windows Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The native screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (as recommended).  I do see that the setting for "scaling" is set to 150% (which is labelled as "recommended").  Should I set the "scaling" to 100?  Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I changed the scaling to 125 and all is right with camera raw.  I will, however, likely need to visit the optometrist and get VERY STRONG magnifying lens!   I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and thank you for solving it.  But honestly, this should be reported as a bug.  The effect on the unwary user is extreme.  It is impossible to see the bottom of the ACR window and therefore it is impossible to get out of ACR or Photoshop without pressing the Power Button, or, for those who know how, Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the Task Manager and kill the Photoshop app.  This caused me a lot of time and grief.  ACR should, IMHO, adapt to whatever screen resolution one uses. Or if there is really a technical issue that makes this impossible (hard to imagine), then the program should recognize the incompatibility situation and offer the user a way out.  This is Adobe, for God's sake, not some amateur operation with no seasoned programmers.  You can fix this, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I should add, the seriousness of this bug is greatly magnified if you have unsaved images open in Photoshop that you have spent time and effort working on.  All your work will be lost because there is no way to get back into Photoshop once this situation occurs.  This is very wrong, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see the other programs when i set to the 125% screen settings they are too small. There must be a fix coming from Adobe to fix this problem with ACR??? I can't expect that Adobe cant make Camera Raw fit the screen as the other apps do. Is this a fix Adobe is working on? It's been months and makes using Photoshop on my laptop completly unusable for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines