• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an alternate way to load the clone stamp in Photoshop 2020?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm sure with many other folks these days, I'm working remotely on a Mac laptop at home. I'm using Citrix to remote into my workplace via a VDI, then remoting into my physical desktop computer. Yes, this is convoluted... but because I work with HIPPA protected information, bringing the files to my home and working directly on my laptop isn't an option... 

The problem I'm having is that it appears, because of all of these machinations the alt command to load the clone stamp is not reaching the application. If I use an alt-click alone I get a menu of brush options.... if I command-alt-click I get the bullseye, but the stamp still fails to load - I still get the error message. 

Anyone know a work around? I've tried resetting the tool, no change. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

My husband is a genius - he found me a workaround!  If anyone else is experiencing this problem you can call up the "on screen keyboard" - it's in the start menu under accessibility. If you bring up the keyboard and click the alt key, it remains active, then you can grab the clone stamp and load it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My husband is a genius - he found me a workaround!  If anyone else is experiencing this problem you can call up the "on screen keyboard" - it's in the start menu under accessibility. If you bring up the keyboard and click the alt key, it remains active, then you can grab the clone stamp and load it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the workaround - it’s probably going to help someone else who is trying to work from home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for posting your solution. Was just looking this up for the exact same reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! One more note, I had the show overlay box checked in the clone source window, and I needed to uncheck that as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The workaround worked for me - thank you for posting! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines