• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easier way to remove blue from scanned art?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...I'm completely new to photoshop so please bear with me. My fiance created a children's book that was drawn by hand. I had the book scanned by a fine art company. Everything white in the book turned out light blue. I've been working day and night to erase this using magic eraser, background eraser, etc but it is going to take me forever this way. Is there another way to remove the blue? Please help. Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example - this may be easy to remove with adjustments

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, never start with local corrections in cases like this. It will never look good, trust me.

Get the whole first, then the parts. Often a single global adjustment can get you there, or at least very close.

But as Dave says, we need to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like a cast in the scan(s).  Like already posted, it is difficult to recommend anything without seeing an example.  If it is a very light blue, then it probably appears in each Channel.  There are a few different ways to solve your problem ( Curves, Levels, Color Adjustments, etc. ).  If you are unfamiliar with Photoshop, send the book back to be rescanned ( should not pay for unusable scans anyway ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. I attached a screenshot. I just now previewed the book on my phone and it looks okay except for the page you will see attached here. When viewing on my phone this is the only page that appears to have a blue tint. On my computer all the white in the images have blue. I'm so confused. Smh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is in the file and not your monitor?

Take the eyedropper tool and click on a white area - what does the color readout say in the info panel?

You can find the info panel under Window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is in the file:

1. Open Image>Adjustments>Levels

2. Select the white eyedropper tool.

3. Click in an area that is supposed to be 100% white and it should adjust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original scan or a cropped section of the original scan would be better than a screenshot taken from a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines